PDA

View Full Version : easy way to crash windows

preet
04-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Hi.

How do we crash a working windows in less than 3 minutes? Can anyone suggest me the most easiest way. Its not for harming people but for a competition, bizarre.

Thanks.

PrntRhd
04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Remove a needed folder. We generally do not discuss how to break Windows PCs here.

preet
04-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi.

I won't break any windows, be assure. But i just asking.;)

Budfred
04-16-2007, 12:28 AM
It is very similar to falling down... Instead of putting a foot down, just lean forward with one foot in the air...

That is about as much help as we will give with this question... There are so many ways that Windows crashes naturally, I don't see any reason to come up with ways to do it intentionally...

Ajmukon
04-16-2007, 12:32 AM
What i want to know is what kind of competition asks you to crash windows
besides, all i need is a window on the top floor
Not revealing anything else

bassman
04-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Install Norton SystemWorks 2001 :D

preet
04-16-2007, 01:33 PM
well, for the competition, its a computer company which is inviting people to crash a windows as fast as possible and the winner will get a trip mauritius dubai and also the return ticket. frankly i am not interested with that competition but i was curious to know whats the most easy and rapid way top crash a windows.

by theway budfred your nose is somewhat more suspicious that the doggie in your avatar...

George Hallam
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
i suppose you could ctrl alt del and end explorer.exe it doesn't crash it but you cant do anything with the pc

preet
04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't want to try it now on my working pc...maybe later just to see the result...thanks for the tip george.

Erik
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
i suppose you could ctrl alt del and end explorer.exe it doesn't crash it but you cant do anything with the pc

Nah, Windows XP will typically start it up again after a minute or so.

Variable
04-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Double click my computer, right click Local Disk C:, Properties, Security, click on System and check deny next to full control (it selects everything) and click Apply, click Advanced and check the box next to "Replace permission entries on all child..." and click OK. That may do it.

Budfred
04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
well, for the competition, its a computer company which is inviting people to crash a windows as fast as possible and the winner will get a trip mauritius dubai and also the return ticket. frankly i am not interested with that competition but i was curious to know whats the most easy and rapid way top crash a windows.

by theway budfred your nose is somewhat more suspicious that the doggie in your avatar...

I am not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean, but it appears to be insulting in intent...

If you post asking how to mess up a PC, you are going to get suspicions in return... If you expect anything other than that, you are not very perceptive...

classicsoftware
04-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Install Norton SystemWorks 2001 :D

:D :D :D :D LOL :D :D :D :D

malcore
04-17-2007, 01:47 AM
A somewhat well known troubleshooting method is to create a new entry in the registry which upon reboot will allow one to produce a BSOD by simply pressing the right Ctrl key and tapping the Scrll Lock key twice.

Manual Crash Dump (http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid1_gci965142,00.html)