PDA

View Full Version : Help - making DVDs from video files

tbowen
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Guys and gals, I apologize if I am in the wrong forum, feel free to move, mods.

I was wondering if someone could either help me or direct me to a site and/or tutorial that will completely explain to me how to make a DVD of various .wmv, .mpg, and .avi video files. Also, some of them are chunks of a movie, so I need to be able to merge certain clips as one whole movie. I won't get into specifics here, I just want to know if there is a way to make multiple files as one whole DVD that I can play in my home DVD player. Preferrably, I would like to make some sort of menu, or chapter selection. Thanks in advance.

-tb

pentachris
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM
You can do the editing bit (combining the files into one, adding transitions between scenes, etc.) with Windows Movie Maker, which comes with Windows XP. To render DVD files and create menus, you need DVD rendering software. I'm not aware of any that are free. The Nero suite of software can do this. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio + DVD Architect for this. Other software popular for this comes from Adobe and Pinnacle.

tbowen
04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
So, if I have Nero on my computer already (it came with my burner), can I do it with that? Thanks.

pentachris
04-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Nero Vision (http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_Vision_4.html) is the program in the Nero suite of software that can do this. If your version of Nero came with this, you can use that.

I think that Nero Vision also came with Nero 6 as well, as long as you got the full Nero suite.