PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer opens up on a folder instead of on its own problem?

WebxRadar
04-22-2007, 06:04 AM
so i have this realllllyyy annoying situation that keeps happening. here goes.. i don't use ie at all, my default browser is firefox. my keyboard has the usual browser/internet button you hit and it'll bring up your default browser automatically.. that's all fine.

the problem is when i have a windows folder open on my desktop (ex. my computer, my documents, etc.) and i hit the internet button on my keyboard internet explorer comes up and opens up on that same folder (ex. my computer, my documents, etc.)!! it's sooo annoying and i have no idea what's causing it. i checked all of ie's options and my folder options and can't seem to solve the problem? i mean it's nothing critical but it's really annoying. any help or ideas would be much appreciated. thanks.

Paul Komski
04-22-2007, 07:37 AM
It appears that the active document must be affecting the results - probably because the two explorers Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are so closely integrated with one another.

Do you have any custom hot keys you could specify for using Firefox? Presumably you are using a Microsoft Internat Keyboard or similar.