PDA

View Full Version : Reformating Problems

Kayvon
04-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Ok so here is the lowdown.

Ive been working at this comp for the last couple days now and no matter what I do I keep on getting stuck at the same spot.

Im running a reformat and reinstalling Windows XP SP2 on my Sony Vaio.

I go threw the entire installation screen and each time I run into needing to install RADLINKER20150EM.msi, at first I thought it was simply needing the installation CD for the RADEON x9600 Graphics card that I had prieviously installed on this comp.

I have at this point removed the graphics card completely from the system and am using the onboard graphics card to do the work, but I am still getting the same notification to intsall the RadLinker.

When its trying to find the correct path it auto-searches through c:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers\v2.5.90 Beta\Radlinker\
also it offers to search through Radlinker: 1

I have manualy browsed through each of these and I still can not find the instalation package RadLinker20150EM.msi to install RadLinker from.

Any ideas on what I can do.....besides taking it to a shop.

Fruss Tray Ted
04-27-2007, 09:06 PM
When its trying to find the correct path it auto-searches through c:\Program Files\Radeon Omega Drivers\v2.5.90 Beta\Radlinker\
If you are formatting correctly
1:
There would be no request for files from some 'tweak' utility.
2:
There also would be no 'Program Files' in existence on your partition or hard-drive at this point.

Kayvon
04-28-2007, 03:40 AM
From start to current problem.

1. Boot with CD for Windows XP Home Edition w/ Service pack 2

2. Select Instal windows XP

3. Wait for it to intialize/load devices.

4. Enter product key for CD

5. Get stuck on the problem described above.

-------------
My ultimate goal is to clean out the system of its old stored files and instal a fresh copy of Windows xp home edition service pack 2, so I can have a fresh cleanslate to instal new software/hardware, etc.

Paul Komski
04-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Backup any important data and clean install (new not upgrade) after having deleted the current partition(s) during setup. Or try a parallel installation into a new Windows2 (specified by you) folder.