PDA

View Full Version : Need Direction

GodInside
04-06-2001, 03:45 PM
Hello my names Dennis and I'd like a little direction. I'm interested in programing and would like to know what the market is looking for in programmers right now. I've been told that many are jumping to java.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Fish
04-06-2001, 05:05 PM
I think the best would be to start with Visual Basic,(because it's pretty easy) then progress to C up to C++. But, the more programs you know, the more your worth, so Java is also good to know too.

------------------

You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

[This message has been edited by Fish (edited 04-06-2001).]

GodInside
04-07-2001, 06:57 PM
Thanks for your help. I've been fooling with the office vb editor, but the editor is limited and a little buggy. I'll be sure to jump into vb a little bit deeper then. And take a stab at the dreaded c language. Thanks again for your help.

Dennis

Fish
04-07-2001, 07:35 PM
No problem. Don't get me wrong, Java is beneficial to know, so if you want to do it that way, go ahead. I was only suggesting what I thought would be the easiest way. It might not be for you.
<br>VB will give you a base and when you get up to C++, Java will be a piece of cake since it's syntax is from C and it's object model is from C++. Good Luck in your learning!

------------------

You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Paleo Pete
04-08-2001, 09:05 AM
Fish: HTML doesn't work here, only UBB. That's why your <br> tag showed up as text. The forums interpret it as text rather than HTML. For a carriage return, or line break, simply hit [Enter].

Works great...

------------------
So many idiots, and only six bullets...
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

Fish
04-08-2001, 10:07 AM
Yea I saw that. When 99% of the time you do html, you'll have that. I didn't think it was a big enough deal to go back and edit.

------------------

Fish
04-08-2001, 04:30 PM
BTW, I could do w/o the smart-@$$ remark. (Works great...) I'm not an idiot. You can change it if it bothers you so much. I just thought with what we were talking about, a tag could be ignored is all. Maybe it's just me tho.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fish (edited 04-08-2001).]

Paleo Pete
04-08-2001, 11:43 PM
It wasn't intended to be a smart aleck remark or a reference to your intellectual capacity.

------------------
So many idiots, and only six bullets...
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)