PDA

View Full Version : Forum changes

Charles Kozierok
09-02-2000, 12:46 AM
Hi once again everyone,
Just wanted to fill you in on the changes made today. In addition to creating this new admin forum, I did the following:
[list=1]
Upgraded the BBS from version 5.45c to 5.46. This didn't change much on the surface, but it did let me change the "Contact Us" link from email to a URL, and thus enabled me to get rid of the message at the bottom of every page.
Modified the default on the "Show Signature" box so people with signatures don't have to remember to hit that box each time. (If you have no signature you don't have to uncheck it either, by the way.)
Modified the display of threads in each forum to show who posted the last message. This is useful for letting you determine whether someone has replied to one of your postings, for example.
[/list=a]
I will be continuing to make changes to the code during the weekend. I will be focusing primarily on ways to make the forums easier to use.
As always, please let me know what you think, either here or in the Suggestion Box.
Thanks, and for those of you for whom it is relevant, have a great Labo[u]r Day Weekend!

------------------
Charles M. Kozierok ( ixlubb@PCGuide.com )
Webslave, The PC Guide (http://www.PCGuide.com)
Comprehensive PC Reference, Troubleshooting, Optimization and Buyer's Guides...

[This message has been edited by ixl (edited 09-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by ixl (edited 09-01-2000).]