PDA

View Full Version : My monitor has lines

Gandalf26
03-02-2001, 06:25 PM
Hi there,
I have a big problem with my monitor. Its a rather new monitor, but it has all of a sudden started to have lines on it. The lines are like paralell down the monitor and they are kinda dark. I want to know if my monitor might be going dead

bassman
03-02-2001, 07:37 PM
I did a quick search and found this page. http://www.bithose.com/serfaq/REPAIR/F_monfaq.html
It might have some info for you. I know that some newer monitors have external adjustments for a lot more things then just a few years ago, so it may be something you can do yourself without going inside.
Good luck and let us know.

------------------
If your not living on the edge, your taking up to much space!

Hardtek1976
03-02-2001, 09:18 PM
Hi,
Are these lines transparent, start from the left hand side and fade as they go towards the centre, also do they resemble almost a jail bar pattern (don't laugh that is the technical term for them, jail bars). If this is the case it would indicate a component failure in the horizontal deflection circuit of the monitor. Have you tried the monitor on another computer or another monitor on this computer to confirm whether it is the monitor. If it is the monitor, depending on size, age and the cost of repairing it or replacement cost that you'll have to decide. All I can do is advise you to take it to your local tv repair shop and have them give you an estimate and that will be the basis for your decision.

Ron
Chief Technician/Technical Advisor/Trainer
Toshiba of Canada
CEG Division
Television Department

P.S. Some just call me software stupid