PDA

View Full Version : Floppies to CD

BillCrow
10-01-2000, 09:19 AM
I would like to copy floppies (more than one) to CD and then be able to install from the cd. I copy 4 floppies to cd but when I try to install from the cd I still am requested to insert next floppy. Any suggestions?.
Thanks
Bill

tallyman
10-01-2000, 02:00 PM
You can't easily do this so that it installs in one operation. Basically, at the end of each floppy install there is an instruction to refer to the next floppy, assuming that it will be a physical floppy swap, so to speak. Without entering into the world of program re-writing, the best that I've managed is to copy each floppy as an individual folder on the CD and then just use the 'browse' option to point to each (floppy)folder in turn. It speeds up the operation by avoiding the constant disk swaps and also avoids the possibility of crashing an original floppy.

John R.

fraelorn
10-01-2000, 05:58 PM
Your able to copy each floppy into a specified folder on the cd right?
Copy each floppy into folders, such as 'Disk1' and 'Disk2', then just browse to the corresponding folder upon disk request.

fraelorn
10-01-2000, 06:00 PM
Anyway to kick myself for reading the initial post w/out scrolling down and reading replies, while running 640x480?

Know me as the "Echo"!