PDA

View Full Version : Formatting a Devil (applemac)

CrudeDude
12-05-2000, 08:27 AM
Can anyone tell me where to start?

I need to clean install a mac performa? The thing refuses to boot up, asking for a system disk. But when I try this it just says its the wrong disk! Ive tried a number of copies of the system didk to make sure that its no the CD... How do I move on from here. Im not sure what version of mac OS its running - let me know if this bit of information is needed!

Thanks - Its not as simple a PC!

BigBlue66
12-05-2000, 04:24 PM
Hey C Dude,

Have you checked the bios to make sure the boot sequence is set to the way you want it to boot? If you're trying to boot from a CD, then the seqence should start with, "boot from, CD-ROM, a:, c:" or something like that, making sure that CD-ROM is the first one listed.

At least, that's how Winders machines works. Have no idea about Macs. But I would think that the bios options for either one would be comparable?

It could be that I am way off base here, considering that I have no experience whatsoever with Macs. But, I always thought the main differences between WIN and Mac was the OS itself, not the bios of the machine.

Try setting the boot sequence if you can and see what happens. Let us know what's what, and maybe we can dig a little further.

Cheers,

Big Blue 66

CrudeDude
12-06-2000, 07:58 AM
Hey thanks for that - I dont know why I didnt think of that myself. Ill try that!