PDA

View Full Version : Comatose Dell Optiplex :(

kungfuzi
10-16-2000, 06:54 PM
The problem is as it reads. My brand new Dell Optiplex, a month old, goes into what can best be described as a coma. Yup, a coma. There's this little LED on the on/off button that just blinks interminably when I press it to start the machine. No video, not much sound either - certainly no hard disk activity. I try everything from pulling the power to checking the cables but it looks as if I have run out of options. I might have to send it it to my college's computing help desk tomorrow, unless of course I get a solution before then.

I will not buy a Dell again.

Your help gratefully appreciated

Paleo Pete
10-16-2000, 10:42 PM
If it's only a month old, it's still under warranty, take it back to the store you bought it from and let them handle it. If you take it to anyone else, you're liable to void the warranty. Take it back and have them fix it. If it still doesn't work right, take it back again. Sooner or later they'll get tired of seeing you and fix it right or replace it. Do not let anyone else touch it, you'll void the warranty.

------------------
If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

ReddDogg
10-17-2000, 10:19 PM
Paleo is right on voiding the warranty, and what you will find is Dell is one of the best at servicing machines if they have problems, and while I am sorry you are having problems with them, Dell is the best computer manufacturer, but even the best have some lemons pass through their factory....

------------------
Joe Redd
MCP