PDA

View Full Version : How do you get videos onto an Ipod touch?

Mini-Me
12-24-2009, 03:11 AM
I have an Ipod Touch here, iTunes installed, iTunes sees the iPod touch player. I want to import an AVI from one of my hard-drives, but when you try to import it into the library(so I can then sync it to the player), nothing happens and you are plopped back at the import window for video media, which just says Rent or Buy from the iTunes store, which is totally not what I want or need.

Is it any wonder why I, like so many others, %@&%@ hate @^&*%^@ iTunes - it is so freakin' inflexable for things which are so bloody simple.

I'm amazed that people use it and iPod as much as they do, as with a generic player, drag and drop the files from explorer - done.

Grrrrrrr.
:mad:

12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Try converting the videos with a freeware utility called Handbrake first, then drag and drop it into your iPod via iTunes. I agree - iTunes is so horrible on Windows, it's extremely bloated and finicky... at least on OS X it runs much faster.

pipiapple
12-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I downloaded handbrake, but failed to install, so I changed another freeware named iwisoft free video converter, it works well for me to convert any video to mp4 for my iPod Touch. I love it.

Mini-Me
12-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Thanks guys, but I managed to get my Christmas cheer by repeatedly running over the bloody thing with my car. I then took several violent swings at the PC containing the iTunes program, with my large 50kg demolition axe, and now that I am surrounded by thousands of bits of broken computer and iPod of various shades of greeen and black, I feel somewhat relaxed and think that I may now actually be able to enjoy Christmas so long as the thing does not try to re-annimate itself and complain that severe axe attacks are a format not supported by this particular iPod.

Raising from my chair, the peices of iPod and computer falling from my lap to the ground, I stamp on them with my studded footballl boots and grind their remains into the concrete to the point where they are no more parts or fragments, nay electroinc dust that lays uncermoniously at my feet, and breath a sigh of relief at the passing of perhaps the most infurriating device this tech has thus come across in his days leading up to this climax called the festive season. All he wanted was for things to go easily so he could get on to the next Christmas thing, but no, technology got the better of him. And as he finished mixing the dust of the device into the food for his dog's late night Christmas pudding, he wonders if he is hearing things as the dog starts playing remnants of those intensly irritating help-file videos, eminating from poochie's stomach.

But how can he now escape this madness?!
As he turns to run from the mutant abomonation come iDog, he trips on a stray brick and falls face-first into a mound of smelly...

...i'm sorry...

Got a little distracted. We were talking about video conversion apps for iPod's?

sassie05
12-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Hehehehe Merry Christmas Mini-Me