PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a website to upload photos for public viewing

Relztrah
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure which forum this question belongs in, so mods, please move this thread if it doesn't belong in the After Hours Club.

I recently returned from an extended family gathering where I took dozens of digital photos. Rather than burning a dozen CDs or (gasp!) having photos printed, I'm wondering if there's a website that would allow me to upload them and then e-mail the username and password to the people in attendance so that they can view the photos. Some of the people who would like to see these photos are elderly and anything requiring a membership with unique log-ons and passwords--MyFamily.com for example--would confuse them. I could probably upload them to my Facebook page, but again, that requires anybody who wants to see them to create a Facebook account and become a friend and for some people, that's more work than they are willing to do.

Rather, I'm looking for a service that will allow me simply upload the whole photo album and if there's a username and password I could send that to whoever. Ideally, the website would allow anybody viewing the photos to create captions or labels for the people in the photos since I didn't know all present. If there's a freebie out there, that would be great. But I'm willing to pay something if it is user-friendly and easy to navigate for people who aren't very computer literate.

Any suggestions?

FTT
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
I and many others use Photobucket.com

You can create albums and just leave it as public accessible and all you need to do is give people the link to it and they can browse around on their own.

PhilXP
07-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I use my facebook account

LouieLouie
07-30-2010, 01:37 AM
www.flickr.com

They make it very easy to eMail the link to a specific album.

SeriousFox
08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
I use Picasa tied in with google web albums. Its nice to have the desktop software be able to sync up with the web albums automatically. Also the face recognition is amazing.

08-18-2010, 07:13 PM
www.imgur.com Does not resize images
www.imageshack.us Does not resize
www.tinypic.com I think it resizes up to 1600W and 1200H.

All have free registration.

Pyromaniac
08-19-2010, 05:26 AM
I use photobucket and find it really easy to use. They make it very simple to link a picture or album to someone. I'm not sure how much free storage you get but i have hundreds of pics and have never run out. You can always pay to upgrade though.

#Edit; http://photobucket.com/upgrade?src=storage
looks like you get 500MB, which might not be enough unless you resize the pictures a bit.