PDA

View Full Version : Startup Doesn't Find Network

fufufnik
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
A constant issue i seem to be having is as follows:
I start up my windows7 machine and it doesn't find an internet network. When I open the 'Network and Sharing Center' the screen remains blank (this link is a screenshot of the screen I see http://i55.tinypic.com/2qletdc.png).
If I start up my other machine (mac OS) and then restart my Windows 7 machine the windows7 machine now finds a network and operates normally.
What is the issue I'm having and how do i resolve it??
Thank you

hackerballs
04-18-2011, 04:46 AM
I would sell the MAC

LochLomonder
04-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Do you have any working knowledge of the Event Viewer? To access it, click on the Start button on the bottom-left of the screen and, in the box entitled Search programs and files, type in "Event" (minus the quotation marks). You should see an icon appear on the search list entitled Event Viewer, so click on this.

Once you open the program, double-click on Windows Logs and then click on System. This will bring up a list of events from the System log, and you should look through there for any error messages (a red circle with a white exclamation mark) or warning messages (a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark).

These may point to a specific error occurring at start-up relating to the issue you've outlined, but it may take some time to narrow it down to the root cause. I appreciate this may seem daunting if you've never used this application before, but oftentimes it will provide the necessary information to troubleshoot further.

fufufnik
04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the response LochLomonder.
There are a number of Warnings and Errors in the System Log. The following are the results with their source:
Warning - DNS Client Events
Warning - mfehidk
Error - ACPI
Warning - WLANconfig

Any further suggestions or input you may have would be appreciated.
Thank you.