PDA

View Full Version : Software keeps installing in a different language. Please help!

strawberrysmoot
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi! I would REALLLLLLY like to get some help on this.

I recently got my windows reinstalled and the windows 7 has two languages, Korean and English. I looked around and went into control panels, changed the default language to English.

Now, I'm trying to download a driver software for my printer from HP website. Even though I select the software download to be in English, when I open to set up the software, it always installs in Korean! Why is that??? I need the program in English. Can someone please help???

Thank you!!!

Strawberry Smoothie.

Paul Komski
04-18-2011, 01:32 AM
windows 7 has two languages, Korean and English
Is it Korean or English Windows? The Windows installation will be one or the other. The ability to choose between different languages affects the Keyboard but doesn't change the underlying Windows installation - so the basic Windows environment should be one or the other.

If the English version of a program is used and you are running a non-English version of Windows I would have expected the Windows installation prompts to be in the non-English language but the final program, once installed, to be in English.

strawberrysmoot
04-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Hi! Thanks for replying back!

Ok, it could be Korean Windows. I didn't even know it could be different in language because all the display and functions are in English. Suppose the Windows is Korean. Does that mean every program I try to install will be in Korean?? If so, how do I correct it so that it will be in English? Is there a way?

I tried installing the program even though it prompted in Korean. The final product once installed was still in Korean. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks!

hackerballs
04-18-2011, 03:44 AM
u could try to reinstll in a fresh install of window's and install in US english