PDA

View Full Version : video streaming

jason213123
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
hi,
i looking for a software that can connect to my tv card and send the content to a server with more bandwith power to run other software that will transmit via flash plugin.
i also need that the person that will see the video put a username and password,.
any one know a solution that can do this?

thanks for your help
bruno

hackerballs
04-27-2011, 08:28 AM
it's called CABLE and the other guy will have to buy his own..............the cable company will sue you if they find out you are redistributing their signal to a third party

LochLomonder
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm with hackerballs on this one. What you're proposing is illegal, so you won't get any help on this forum.

04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
If you want a *legal* way to do this, or something similar, why not get a slingbox and give your friend your login info?

jlreich
04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
While this can been illegal in the sense that you guys are proposing, the OP doesn't say what the content of the video is or where it is coming from. Might be something completely fine.... You can hook up many devices to a TV card.

Heck if you wanted to let your neighbor pilfer off your CATV wouldn't a splitter be much easier? Why would you go through the trouble of setting things up this way? :confused:

LochLomonder
04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
jlreich,

While this can been illegal in the sense that you guys are proposing, the OP doesn't say what the content of the video is or where it is coming from.

That's a fair comment and makes sense, but I think there may be some liability issues. For example, even if members proposed a way to do this task and it was completely legal in this instance, there's the possibility the same methodology could be used to do something illegal.

I'm no lawyer, but I tend to err on the side of caution after a recent conversation on another thread. I can't remember the exact premise, but I had advised someone on some password-related tools to sort their problem. Obviously these can be used for legitimate aims, but they can also be used for illegitimate aims.

Then again, perhaps I'm just being overly paranoid and need to add another layer to my tinfoil hat ;)

jlreich
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
I do see your point. However, I think there is a pretty big difference from telling someone how to break a password and how to stream video. Shall we also refrain from giving advice on how to use CD burning software in fear they might use it to pirate a music CD?

The OP presented a problem that spoke of nothing nefarious that came to my mind when I read it. I figured it was something for a business setting or similar. Though I will admit there are definite illegal possibilities.

I my opinion it would have been much better to ask a couple of questions to produce more specifics before laying down a flat out accusation. ;)

jason213123, what is your end goal? Any reason you can't simply put the file on the server and give privileges to those you want to be able to access it? Is it a live feed? Of what and from what kind of device? Why flash? Can you use other file formats?

Answers to those questions and any other information you provide would help us to better help you accomplish your goals.

mjc
04-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Loch, basically, the policy of the board regarding passwords, is to follow what MS says is appropriate methodology and what they post for procedures to follow.

jason213123, you do need to clarify and narrow down your post a little...it is too open-ended right now, for us to be of any real help.

LochLomonder
04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
jlreich & mjc,

My use of the password issue was a bad analogy. My main focus was moreso to point out how there are good reasons for advising a specific route, but these can also be put to misuse in the wrong hands.

mjc
04-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Exactly, which is why I made a point to mention the actual policy...basically, we mods agreed that by going with what MS says is appropriate, we were pretty much covered. But the simple fact is, that short of straight hardware issues, most everything talked about, especially networking/security issues can be used in a nefarious manner.

Sometimes we just have to give the poster the benefit of the doubt and go with what they say and choose to answer/not answer based on that. Often, though, it isn't that easy to tell and it becomes more of a 'I know how, but should I tell' kind of thing. When that happens, just go with your 'gut feeling' on it...I don't bite (often) :D.

LochLomonder
04-29-2011, 06:04 PM
mjc,

When that happens, just go with your 'gut feeling' on it...I don't bite (often)

I'll bear that in mind for future reference, and try to rely more upon my tingling Spidey Sense when I think something may be iffy ;)

jason213123
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
hi,
i looking for software for stream video from my pc to a stream server.
them the server will distribute that video with a login and using flash
like youtube
any know a software that can do that?
a have seen this:
http://www.videolan.org/projects/dvblast.html
this can encode in mpg2 and high quality but i looking for the other solution
that can replay the video.
thanks for your help
:)

jason213123
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
hi,
i looking for software for stream video from my pc to a stream server.
them the server will distribute that video with a login and using flash
like youtube
any know a software that can do that?
a have seen this:
http://www.videolan.org/projects/dvblast.html
this can encode in mpg2 and high quality but i looking for the other solution
that can replay the video.
thanks for your help
:)