PDA

View Full Version : RoxWatchTray12.exe-Application Error

DLeonR
05-04-2011, 07:55 PM
After installing window 7 ultimate and loading all my different programs and installed Roxio 2010 I got this message: RoxWatchTray12.exe-Application Error.
(0xc0000022)
If anyone can help me find this registry error and fix it, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

LochLomonder
05-05-2011, 10:58 AM
For starters, I would recommend uninstalling Roxio, rebooting the PC, and then logging back in. Once that's done, follow these instructions (http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN) and then proceed with a reinstall.

DLeonR
05-05-2011, 12:32 PM
For starters, I would recommend uninstalling Roxio, rebooting the PC, and then logging back in. Once that's done, follow these instructions (http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000080GN) and then proceed with a reinstall.

Thanks very much for your responce on this. I will try what you posted and post back with my success or failure. Thanks again LochLomonder.

DLeonR
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Well, I uninstalled roxio then rebooted the computer the error messege went away, then I got the updates and reinstalled roxio and the error messege came back. Perhaps Roxio 2010 can not work properly with windows 7 ultimate. Any other ideas that I could try?

LochLomonder
05-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry this didn't work, but it was worth a try to see if any running applications were interfering with the initial installation process, e.g. anti-virus of firewall apps.

Click on the Windows orb and copy the following into the box for Search programs and files. After that, hit the Enter key...

eventvwr.msc

This will open your Event Viewer, so double-click on the Windows logs folder on the top-left of your screen to expand it, and then click on the Application log. Are there any error messages there pertaining to Roxio and, if so, what do they say? It might be worth checking the System folder as well, since that may contain pertinent information as well.

DLeonR
05-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks a bunch for your help. I will try the search procedure later this evening. Going out to dinner now. Thanks again for all your help.
I will post back.

DLeonR
05-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I ran the search and came up with some errors, however, none said anything about roxio. So what I did was just delete the exe watch file. I went back to the roxio program and burned a couple of cds and I did not encounter any problems so far.

LochLomonder
05-06-2011, 08:10 AM
That's a strange one, but I'm glad you've got it back into a working condition now.

DLeonR
05-06-2011, 08:46 AM
That's a strange one, but I'm glad you've got it back into a working condition now.
Yea, it is strange, but thanks for helping anyway! I will continue to keep an eye on this, incase of any problems flaring up because of what I deleted.

LochLomonder
05-06-2011, 09:40 AM
You're welcome and I'm always glad to help - even if I didn't really find the root cause for you in this instance.