PDA

View Full Version : cant do nothing!!

frederick3009
05-29-2011, 06:07 AM
I recently bought a Asus G73SW. It worked beautifully for about two weeks, up until 2 days ago it kept freezeing either before startup commenced, during it, or id get as far as the log in screen and it froze while saying welcome. after searching around for solutions and trying some restore points and other garbage, found the best option was to do a reinstall windows system restore. so i entered the recovery option from safe mode and began installing windows 7 ultimate. everything went smoothly, entered key and got a installation successful message... and then a message that said "interactive logon failed check boot logs...yada yada" it only flashed that message and then proceeded to restart. it restarts and gets to this grey screen where i can move the mouse around for about 5 seconds and restarts again, a never ending loop. any other option i try like safe mode, boot manger, anything that involves an "F" key will ultimatly take me back to that screen and restart... I was hoping there might be a way to do a factory restore involving the hardware, but i searched and found nothing.... I'm stuck!!! Help!!

BTW im deployed to Iraq right now, so taking it in or buying this or that isnt really an option

Theory5
06-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi, lets first run through a few things. What exactly did you do to try and fix your computer? When you reinstalled Windows 7 did you do a "clean" install or just reinstall your system files? What is the exact error message?

Load the Windows Recovery Environment. You can do this by putting in the Windows installation CD and instead of clicking "Install now" click "Repair my PC". Now select the "start-up repair" option.

If that doesn't work try opening the command prompt by following the same steps as above, and type "sfc /scannow" (without quotations). Also try typing in
"chkdsk.exe /f"

Let us know how that turns out.
FYI, next time you make a post try and make the subject informative, such as "Windows reboots before login" or "Grey screen the PC restarts". I think your subject line is why nobody else has helped you.

FrankSG
06-05-2011, 09:35 AM
BTW im deployed to Iraq right now, so taking it in or buying this or that isnt really an option

I don't have the answer to your question, but I want to say thank you for serving our country!

Whyzman
06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Does Windows actually load during the boot process? Sounds like it does, so I would go with a Linux CD which will avoid Windows getting into the picture at all.

Theory5
06-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Does Windows actually load during the boot process? Sounds like it does, so I would go with a Linux CD which will avoid Windows getting into the picture at all.
and while your in there with a linux CD, pull the setup log and attach it to your post.

FTT
06-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Sounds to me like the OP did not even have an OS disk or did not actually do a proper repartition, reformat and clean install.

Paul Komski
06-06-2011, 02:26 AM
recently
If still under warranty an RMA might be on the cards. Most such netbooks either have a recovery partition or a recovery DVD, which the user usually has to make before they have problems. I would contact Asus and ask about either a replacement PC or if they will ship you a recovery DVD.

and got a installation successful messageA hard drive with bad sectors could well be the cause of this not actually being successful.