PDA

View Full Version : Task manager showing blank username

solcluster3
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
can anyone tell my how to fix it?

coz its annoying when i can't open another processes because there's no user detected....

I already search google but didn't find the appropriate way to fix it

ps: I'm using winXP sp3

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa442/solcluster3/TaskManager.jpg

LochLomonder
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forum, solcluster.

I would recommend doing the following...

Click on the Start button, choose Run, type Services.msc, and then hit the Enter key. This will bring up a list of the services running on your PC.

Scroll down to where you see Terminal Services and double-click it. I suspect this particular service may have stopped.

Look for the Startup type and set this to Automatic, so it will initialise the service each time the PC boots up. However, at this point in time the service still isn't working, so click on the Start button to initialise the service.

This will now mean the user name will show up in Task Manager. If, however, you receive any error messages when trying to initialise this service, make a note and post back here with the exact details of the message.

solcluster3
06-02-2011, 05:41 AM
thanks for answering

I have try that method but as you know I can't even run service.msc when it happen...

and from what I find, it only happen when I play Online game with gameguard

online game without gameguard didn't create that issue

I haven't try it on another computer though coz my friend using win7 ultimate x64 and he didn't have issue like that

LochLomonder
06-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I have try that method but as you know I can't even run service.msc when it happen...

No, I didn't know you couldn't access Services because you didn't mention that; nor did you mention you'd tried this method.

Game Guard is a horribly intrusive program, which messes around with settings which aren't even pertinent to it's purported anti-cheating usage.

and from what I find, it only happen when I play Online game with gameguard

online game without gameguard didn't create that issue

How can you say it didn't create the issue when you state it only happens when you play an online game with Game Guard active? That doesn't make sense. Furthermore, you have to bear in mind that this crappy program can affect different systems in different ways. On that basis, just because it's working for your friend, it doesn't follow necessarily that it'll work properly for you.

solcluster3
06-02-2011, 11:55 AM
No, I didn't know you couldn't access Services because you didn't mention that; nor did you mention you'd tried this method.

yeah sorry for not mentioning it from the beginning

How can you say it didn't create the issue when you state it only happens when you play an online game with Game Guard active? That doesn't make sense.

quite true cos the first time I notice it is when I play Iris Online

and the second time it happen is when I play Grand Chase (u can see from the pic in the first post)

the two game I mention above use gameguard as protection

never notice it on pangya thought.... I'll try run Pangya

Furthermore, you have to bear in mind that this crappy program can affect different systems in different ways. On that basis, just because it's working for your friend, it doesn't follow necessarily that it'll work properly for you.

I'll try to test on other winXP pc to see if the issue will happen.... I'll post again after I try it

solcluster3
06-02-2011, 02:00 PM
dunno what happen but I can't edit my last post

ok it seems my copy of windows is faulty and was the cause for the issue coz after I try it on my friend's WinXP PC the issue didn't showed up at all

once again thanks for the help:) :) :) I'll reinstall my windows even thought I prefer to not reinstall coz there is too many files to backup

can you tell me how to manually stop terminal service coz the stop/start button didn't show up in services.msc

out of the topic why I can't edit my user control panel?

mjc
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
out of the topic why I can't edit my user control panel?

Because it is a restricted activity...you need to have a certain number of posts before you are allowed that privilege.

Editing of posts expires after about 10 or 15 minutes or a follow-up post occurs, whichever happens first.

solcluster3
06-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Because it is a restricted activity...you need to have a certain number of posts before you are allowed that privilege.

Editing of posts expires after about 10 or 15 minutes or a follow-up post occurs, whichever happens first.

I see.. thanks for the info:) :) :p ;)

LochLomonder
06-03-2011, 09:25 AM
sol,

Thanks for the updates, and I hope this works properly for you post re-installation :)

solcluster3
06-04-2011, 02:16 AM
hah... I'm really such a fool....

to think that my antivirus was the cause of everything

then uninstalling my computer had no meaning, only to cause another error

the cause was my comodo internet security conflict with the gameguard even when I turned off the antivirus, firewall, and the defense plus

so that's why it didn't happen in the past when I'm still play pangya coz that time I'm still use avast for av

oh well I'm thinking to change to bit defender... what do you think?