PDA

View Full Version : What problems do you have with your computer?/What guides would you like to read abou

Theory5
06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
So what are the most common computer problems (software or hardware) that you would like to see fixes to?

And what guides would you like to have that help you with computers?

FTT
06-04-2011, 09:47 PM
You're not very observant are you? :rolleyes: I sure hope you don't post any links in your second post because it will most likely be considered Spam.

what guides would you like to have that help you with computers?

From the PC-Guide's main page to Sylvander's Troubleshooting charts and his 'Puppy Love' to Mjc's useful anti-malware/AV links and Classicsoftware's analytical assistance and countless other invaluable advice/advisors on this site,,, I would confidently say, that this IS my favorite 'guide' for computers on the entire www! :cool:

Take a bow ixl, your place is still cool as a cucumber... ;)

Theory5
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Perhaps I was too obscure in my first post. I am working on building a website its been going ok, but not too many visits (only around 10 a day even though its been 3 months ). My site is geared towards DIY computer troubleshooting, but I don't really know what to write about. I already have a good amount of content relating to windows/linux but I don't have much troubleshooting stuff. So I figured that I should ask people in the computer communities what they want to learn how to fix, or what guides they want to read.

I mean I can write an entire guide on how to build, configure, and troubleshoot a storage (home or enterprise) server, but would people who want to learn how to troubleshoot actually read it? Or would they rather read about the pro's and con's of each web browser?

Let me put it another way, which guides on here or any other site have you found the most helpful (in both software and hardware)?
Which problems with windows (or PC) have been the most prevalent in your PC experience?
Which have been the hardest for you to fix?

Note: I already have a guide on how to setup a home network.

Does that clarify things a bit?

LadyGrey
06-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Hello Theory5.
I personally would like a guide in plain english, no computer speak, about networking in general. I can build a computer from the case up, I can fix most problems on computers, all learned here btw but I have some kind of mental block about networking and no guides I've come across yet have really gotten through that block.
I just don't understand the whole concept of networking I guess. I have my own network here at home but it took me three weeks to get it right after loads of help from here.
So something along those lines would be useful to someone like me who really does want to learn and will take the time to read a guide if it's written in plain english so I can understand it.
LG:)

Theory5
06-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Great! Ill get right on it. Thats a perfect topic for a guide, thanks LG!

Cuc Tu
06-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I think what people want to know is, everything.

They also want personal attention to their specific problem, and they want the answer spoon fed to them (maybe that's just me?).

The biggest problem that I have is not knowing what I don't know.

FTT
06-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Cuc Tu,
Yeah, but sometimes form follows function and it is realized that only action accomplishes anything.

Cuc Tu
06-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Well, I don't think this site rides on its good form, although it's not bad either.

p2p forums have been the best thing since egg-drop ramen and I think everyone involved gets something out of them. It's almost like instant gratification over and over...

p.s., I usually start with butter and diced onion sauteed with mushrooms.