PDA

View Full Version : Cut & Paste not working in Win7

vultusprime
06-29-2011, 06:33 AM
I have a new system with Win7 Pro. 64 Bit Sp1.

I've found out that sometimes Win7 has problems with cut & Paste. At first I thought it was a problem with win7 security system but it doesn't seem to be the case as I don't get any message.

When I want to move a file from one location to another, I cut and then go to the destination, click paste and nothing happens. No error message, just nothing. I try again but with the same result result. It seems that others have a similar problem, some have suggested that by Killing RDPCLIP.EXE and restarting it fixes the problem. But I don't have this .EXE in my task list, and some other people suggested some other way.

Some suggested that it could be a memory problem, so I looked at my task manager performance and this is what I have (my PC has 8GB ddr3 ram):

Physical memory

Total 8172
Cached 6219
Available 6264
Free 74

Kernel memory

Paged 353
Nonpaged 100

This problem does not happen all the time but considering that my PC is only 3 days old and I have experienced this problem 3 times already, it seems unacceptable. This is not some small, obscure, rarely used function, this is Cut & Paste, who doesn't use it almost everyday?

I don't know how to fix this problem. Does anyone have any idea?

awaj
06-30-2011, 09:45 PM
I never encountered that. I usually don't cut and paste (well, try not too...) it's safer to copy and paste, and then go back to the first location and delete. if something happens, you still have the original to fix things with, and things go smoothly, you don't have to do anything.

Paul Komski
07-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Are you sure it is not an application problem rather than a Windows problem - particularly since it works some of the time.

Even under WinXP this happens with certain applications in which situation I always revert to keyboard shortcuts which nearly always work and which I often use in preference to RClick shortcuts in any case.

CTRL + X = Cut
CTRL + C = Copy
CTRL + V = Paste

Going from Copy to Past is particularly easy with two fingers of the left hand. Keep CTRL pressed and go from C to the adjacent V with the index finger.