PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office 2010 - DDE server Window error

xiaoming.he
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
i recently installed microsoft office 2010 on my company laptop which is running on Windows XP sp3 platform.

since then, the sofeware is not runing properly, the office 2010 programs stop responding everytime after i open them, it happened in Word, Excel, and Access, i am sure if i use other program in Office 2010 they would be the same. i suffer some data lost as i had to manually force to close the Not responding window.

another funny thing since i installed the lastest version of Microsoft office 2010 is that, everytime i try to shut down the laptop, the DDE server Window error message keeps showing up, sometimes it comes out

few times, so i had to wait longtime until i can shut the computer.

after tried few times, i notice that if i don't use any of the Office 2010 program when turn on the computer,

i can shut down without hassel, but as long as after i used word, excel or access then DDE server window error shows up when i try to shut down the machine. so i think it has to do with the new Office 2010.

i'd appreciate if nayone can help here? thanks in advace.

Paul Komski
07-11-2011, 04:24 AM
DDE ususally come into play with specific documents (that are embedding stuff) rather than office as a whole.

If it were me I would either uninstall and then reinstall or repair by running the installation CD.

xiaoming.he
07-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Thank you Paul. But I already re run the installation but it is still the same.. Thanks for your advice .

Paul Komski
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Do you have good security and have you scanned for malware with both an antivirus and MalwareBytes?

Does it happen if you open Office in Safe Mode?

xiaoming.he
07-14-2011, 04:03 AM
its a company laptop so i think securirty is ok, i am using Sophos anti virus and ran a scan of my computer didn't found anything.
do you think it might be have something to do with virus?
i will try safe mode see if it is ok..thanks paul