PDA

View Full Version : No Product Key for Windows 98 Reinstall

jane93
08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello to all -- I have an old Pionex desktop Model M7450MPC-L that was loaded with Windows 98SE. After loading and using Linux, I found out I need to go back to Windows 98 SE in order to use my Iomega Zip drive (couldn't find driver for Linux SUSE 10 - anybody got any ideas for that?).

Well, upon re-installing, I need a product key, which I thought existed on the authentic CD "Microsoft Windows 98 for PCs without Windows". But I have no product key and therefore no way to reinstall Windows 98SE.

This is a vintage computer, I know, but it just keeps on ticking. Over the years I have added Ethernet card, CD Rom burner and Zip drive. Now I want to convert my zip disks to USB flash drive so I can read them on my Windows 7 laptop.

Is there any way to find/get the product key so I can reinstall the original Windows98SE? Or any other ideas to get to my zip drive?

Then this strong and capable Pionex will be handed down to the next generation up and coming (our granddaughter) because as long as hardware works, I just can't get rid of it! Thanks for your help.

PrntRhd
08-03-2011, 09:39 PM
It should have a sticker either on the bottom of the case or on a side cover for the Windows installation.

jane93
08-03-2011, 11:24 PM
I looked everywhere, even inside case, to no avail -- cannot find product key anywhere -- and I have original packaging, no product key included.

08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
That's strange. Not even on the CD case?

4thpc
08-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Some key may be on the sticker on the booklet or the plastic bag of CD or quick manual which can be lost easily.

Man. I am a little surprised you are not looking for Windows 95.

no2like
08-10-2011, 07:37 AM
I used magical jelly bean key finder
www.magicaljellybean.com/
hope it works for you