PDA

View Full Version : Driver updates

FrankSG
08-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I have not been happy with my display when I was reading anything printed as it seemed that the contrast should be higher. I decided to open the Nvidia Control panel and see is there were any changes I could make. After I opened it I then thought that instead on making any changes I would first see if I could update my display drivers. So I closed the Nvidia Panel with out making any change. I went to Device Manager to see if I could update the display diver and it did update it. I then went back and tried to open the Nvidia Panel but got a message that told me it could not open it because of some sort of a conflict. I don't remember the exact words. So I then got back to Device Manager and rolled back the driver that I updated. After that I was able to open the Nvidia Control panel. Is this telling me that the driver update was not the right driver? If so, I thought that all updates should be better.:confused:

PrntRhd
08-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I would agree the wrong driver was installed; you may have to go to nVidia's site to get a proper update vs a MS Windows site.

FrankSG
08-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I would agree the wrong driver was installed; you may have to go to nVidia's site to get a proper update vs a MS Windows site.

Thanks, I'll try that.

PrntRhd
08-07-2011, 05:30 PM
You can even have it display the current driver automatically here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Note: Use IE for this, it requires Active-X

FrankSG
08-07-2011, 05:37 PM
You can even have it display the current driver automatically here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Note: Use IE for this, it requires Active-X

Just before reading this, I went to their website, clicked on Driver download and it brought me to the same page that you link provided. I clicked on the button ot Search my system. It them presented me with a button to download which I did. I installed the driver and I can now go to the Nvidia control panel and make whatever adjustments I want. Thanks

PrntRhd
08-07-2011, 05:40 PM
I just updated mine when I looked up the link, works well.
:)