PDA

View Full Version : Keeping two windows open at the same time...

songbird2
09-11-2011, 08:37 AM
I am operating with windows 7...
Sometimes when working I need two windows open at the same time...the secondary one on the right keeps closing every time I click on the primary one on the left, is there a way to keep two windows open at the same time without it constantly minimizing when you click on the main one...frustrating when trying to get some work done...
Thank You...

awaj
09-11-2011, 11:49 PM
what program?

songbird2
09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
I am playing scrabble in facebook and need the "scrabble word finder" window open besides me so I can beat everybody...but as soon as I click on the game, the word finder window minimizes...

09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Try having the word finder open in another browser?

LochLomonder
09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
songbird,

This little lesson (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Arrange-windows-side-by-side-on-the-desktop-using-Snap) from Microsoft on showing windows side by side may help.

Of course, you'll have to have two instances of your browser running; it won't work having different tabs in the same instance.

Pyromaniac
09-12-2011, 03:24 PM
click and drag the first window to the side of the screen. drag the other window to the other side.

Paul Komski
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Whether on a single or multiple display only one window can have the "focus" at any moment in time. And within that window only one element or control can have the focus at any moment in time.

What determines where the current focus is depends on many things both programtically controlled (such as a pop uo) or user controlled (such as a mouse click).

If you want to keep two windows in view at all times then there must be no overlap. That means tiling windows, resizing them or placing them on different desktop displays.

songbird2
09-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the lesson..this worked out perfect!

LochLomonder
09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Glad to see it worked, songbird :)