PDA

View Full Version : windows picture and fax viewer

DLeonR
09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Can some one tell me how I could make this my default viewer? I am using windows xp corp. Every time I try to open a photo file, adobe photoshop starts and open the file, I only want photoshop when I am editing the file not to view it.
Thanks

Paul Komski
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm afraid it's usually the other way round. Every file type tends to have a default application which will open it.

Some graphics applications can be customised to have just about every graphical file-type use it as the default but if the application won't do it for you you should right click on say a jpg file and choose "Open With" and then choose "Choose Program". When you select or browse to the program you want as the default you should check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

DLeonR
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your reply Paul, I will try what you said and see if after I close the file it will automatically upens up with the windows picture and fax viewer.

DLeonR
09-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Posting back to say thanks again Paul. It worked like a champ. Man, you learn something new every day. It is just a matter of retaining and remembering everything that you learn.