PDA

View Full Version : "Open with" window at start up

Colombia blues
09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Every time I turn on my computer I get the Open with window asking me what program I want to use to open the ECAP file. When I run a search for the ECAP file I get aprox. 450 files (music, movie, text...) and none of them have ECAP in the name. ECAP is the acronym of the org that I work with and is in a lot files but not in the name of any of the files that show up in the search. I could assign a file extension to shut the Open with process up but I don't know which ECAP file it is referring to. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Any thoughts appreciated

LochLomonder
09-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Click on the Windows orb and type in MSCONFIG, followed by hitting the Enter key.

Click on the Startup tab and look for anything relating to this particular file.

Colombia blues
09-17-2011, 04:42 PM
I did a search online and I found this option. I tried this and there is nothing with the name ECAP in the Startup Item list or command list. The Computer name is ECAP Peacemaker. and several programs or files are located in
C:\Users\ECAP Peacemaker\AppData\Local\Google\Update for example. This is the only place where I have seen the word ECAP in the files unless it's part of text file in Word. But in the Open with window at start up it only says ECAP and nothing else. No hint as to what file it might be.

Thanks for your help.