PDA

View Full Version : delay displace text

Believe_you
09-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi

I have these problems with my computer:
1. Take a long time to down load a web page. e.g when I try to download MSN home page, it can take up over 2 minutes to finish the whole page down load. Sometime it takes so long, I have to close the page and re-load again. I can't understand why and how to resolve this problem?
When I tried to scroll a page to view more contents. Nothing happen but after few seconds, the page will automatically scroll down the page. It seen there is a delay. What is the solution for that please?

2. There is a delay to display text after typing e.g. after typing in a sentence, there is nothing on the screen but after few seconds, the text display on the screen.

I can't understand why and I need your advise.

I was thinking if I reformat the HD, will this problem go away? I think my HD has two partitions: one is hidden (I presume is system disk), the other is just files and directory. Can I just format the HD without formatting the hidden partition? Is this possible?

I came across this message this morning "Run Time Error". What does that means?

Appreciate your help

Regards

azzey
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Please post detailed information about your system so we can help you. Model, specifications, operating system, etc would all be very helpful.

LochLomonder
09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
In addition to azzey's request, could you tell us what you were doing when this happened...

I came across this message this morning "Run Time Error". What does that means?

There are literally thousands of reasons why such an error could happen; therefore, knowing what you were doing or which application(s) you were running at the time would help to narrow it down considerably.

PrntRhd
09-21-2011, 11:21 PM
LochLomonder is right.
I have seen similar symptoms due to software updates trying to load in the background, particularly:

Adobe Updater--might as well say yes as you won't get any work done until it updates.

Windows Update

How much (%) free space is on the drive?