PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 10

Cuc Tu
10-05-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm having trouble getting it by searching in the Microsoft download site. I get an update to 9.0c. I also used their FAQ to figure out which version I have, to which they state that my version of windows comes with at least DX10 minimum. This must be because I installed XP SP3?

A link would be nice, but maybe an explanation of how normal folks like me would find it?

mjc
10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
I didn't think that there was a 'stand alone' version...I thought it was a Vista only item and the update path was through Vista updates and that 9.0c was the last XP version...but I haven't been paying all that much attention to DX anything in years, so I could have missed something along the way.

FTT
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
You can see you version easily.
Type dxdiag in a run box and press enter. Version # on the bottom of the list

I'm on XP pro Sp3 and my version is 9.0c and I am fully updated per MS.

Mjc is correct, 10 and above are with Vista and 7

Cuc Tu
10-05-2011, 11:27 PM
That's what I once thought too. It is so.

Someone has spun a version for XP.

http://www.techmixer.com/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp/

Thanks for clarifying. When I installed MPC-HC, it said my DX was old...

FTT
10-06-2011, 02:14 AM
I'll pass..

Helena64
10-06-2011, 03:24 AM
try out the following steps:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) can only be applied on 32-bit version Windows operation sytem. To check whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit, click
Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a) must be preinstalled before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3). To check which service pack is currently installed on your hxxp://www.borntechie.com/give-windows-computer-free-health-check.html"]computer[/URL], click "To check which service pack is currently installed". To install previous Windows XP service packs, use one of the following options:
Click here to download Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Click here to download Windows XP Service Pack 1a (SP1a)
To install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Click here for the steps to fix automatically
Click here to download the Service Pack 3 manually.
Click here to Order Windows XP Service Pack 3 on a CD