PDA

View Full Version : Canon MF4370DN won't print

Motaro
11-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I have a Canon MF4370DN thats a couple years old and won't print. It scans and faxes fine, but when I try to print, says SYSTEM ERROR EOOO. I looked it up and it says the error is related to the Fuser Assembly. I called Canon and as expected they just shrugged me off, telling me its out of warranty can't do anything for you etc etc. The fuser is an expensive part and really not worth replacing, but this is a $200 printer and since everything else works fine on it, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knows of a possible fix. I tried to find a service manual to take it apart but every site that had one wanted money for it. Is it possible that something just got stuck inside the printer somewhere, or a sensor blocked by dust, etc? Thanks

PrntRhd
11-19-2011, 10:22 AM
A fuser error means it won't heat any more.
Thermistors, thermostat, heater, fuser film....replacing the fuser is best option.
About $180 online

Motaro
11-21-2011, 09:18 PM
That's how much the printer cost, not worth it. Why would such an expensive part go bad so early on in the printer's life?

PrntRhd
11-21-2011, 10:52 PM
It is a couple of years old and the fuser does rotate to prevent flat spots, so it wears even if you have it sitting idle.
FYI, the average life for a laser printer is 5 years and the OSes that print to it become obsolete in about that time frame as well.

mjc
11-22-2011, 01:02 AM
If you want to 'repair' it, your best bet to do it cheaply will be to look for one on Ebay that has something other than the fuser wrong with it...

(scratch that idea...there are a tone of toner cartridges and 4 printers...all for more than they are going for at retail)

Motaro
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Well that's too bad. Do any of you know where I could get a guide that shows how to access the fuser? I guess I'll just keep the printer around for its scanning and faxing features.