PDA

View Full Version : BlueScreen on Windows 7

NDevilAngel
11-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I have been thinking why the Mac has not much problem...BlueScreen always result from USB,external HD,and RAM.My RAM don't not why...everytime there is lightning bolt and after that...bluescreen came out.and then wipe a few times with the RAM...and boot again runs normal again.Is this a freaky problem?

System Requirements(SR):
RAM: KINGSTON 16 GB DDR3 CHIP WITH FLASH STORAGE X2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(R) i7 2nd Generation Dual CPU 6MB CACHE E8440 @ 3.7GHz (3796 MHz)
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate build 7600 Activated x86 bit
Direct3D Version: 11.0
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor1: GeForce 8400 GS 2GB 3D VISION SUPPORT
GPU PROCESSOR2: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator v3150
Local Hard Disk: WESTERN DIGITAL WD41530D 160GB MEMORY STORAGE SATA 6GBPS
AC SUPPLY HARD DISK: 1.5TB SanDISK ESATA 6GBPS X2
PORTABLE HARD DISK DRIVE:500 GB SEAGATE PORTABLE HARD DISK X3
Driver version: 286.90
CUDA Cores: 12
Display Monitor: Dual-Screen Monitor with nVIDIA 3D VISION Support
Mouse: Microsoft Wireless Arc Mouse with USB control
Joypad: Microsoft Xbox 360 Mac support WIRELESS Controller
Core clock: 2567 MHz
3D VISION GLASSES: FAMILY PACK NVIDIA GEFORCE ENFORCED WIRELESS 3D GLASSES X5
NETWORK CONNECTION: INTEL V3450W NETWORK CONNECTION CHIPSET TURBO&WI-FI HARDWARE
Shader clock: 3400 MHz
Memory clock: 2199MHz (1333 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 64-bit
Total graphics memory: 4392 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2 GB DDR5
System video memory: 1 GB
Shared system memory: 3 GB
Video BIOS version: 62.98.62.00.A0
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16

mjc
11-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I split your problem off to its own thread. Piggybacking on another thread is the quickest way I know of to have your question lost...

Paul Komski
11-27-2011, 02:38 AM
BSODs are indeed a Windows phenomenom. Their causes are many and varied and can be the result of both bad hardware and software. That is indeed why their causes can be hard to pin-down. Windows will normally dump or attempt to dump memory at these times into a minidump file or to the pagefile to allow such errors to be debugged.

I am sure that equivalent underlying problems will occur with both Mac and Linux OSes though I have no knowledge of how they would attempt to allow such equivalent debugging. Linux distros certainly can and do freeze or crash - but with no MS BSOD.

Lighning strikes (most commonly from hit telephone lines) and power surges in general are things which can directly cause major hardware damage. They can also affect a mobo so that it progressively deteriorates over the coming weeks/months. It would not surprise me to see BSODs begin to appear after such events or for a Linux distro to fail to boot or to crash. I have virtually no knowledge of Macs but I would assume they cannot be immune from hardware damage.