PDA

View Full Version : computer freezes

grey12
12-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello,

I just build my PC weeks ago.When I play some videos online or edit my photos using lightroom 3.3, my pc will freeze. Pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL wouldnt make any different because I can't use keyboard and mouse when my computer freezes. When it freeze, i cant do anything and had to force restart or shutdown.

this is my PC spec:

ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
i5-2500K
SAPPHIRE HD6850 1G
G SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL9S-2GBRL 4GIG
Antec 650Watt
win 7 ultimate 32bit

I use a software called speccy, and it says my motherboard temperature is 61C. is it for real? what to do? I hope you all can help me. Please, I can't do anything with my pc now.

thanks in advance for at least reading to this topic. :)

LochLomonder
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Have you checked the Event Viewer logs on the PC? Is there anything relevant showing up in those? If not, it would suggest to me there's something awry on the hardware side that Windows cannot manage properly.

It might be worthwhile running Memtest (http://www.memtest.org/) on your PC to check out your RAM and ensure there aren't any errors. Be forewarned, however, that this test can take some time to complete.

I don't think the CPU temperature is too bad. If it starts climbing into the region of 70-75 degrees, that would be the time to start getting worried. What sort of cooling do you have set up in the PC? Have you overclocked any of the components?