PDA

View Full Version : combofix download

hess303
12-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Is there a way I can download combofix onto a USB drive and run it from there? Friend lost access to PC because of horrible virus - PC won't allow run of any security program or any .exe program. Want to start his Win XP Pro sys in safe mode and follow instructions from here on what to do with combofix on his PC.

A really speedy reply will be greatly appreciated.

PrntRhd
12-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes it can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive , but I do CAUTION it should be used only with the guidance of Classicsoftware or other experienced helper. It is a powerful tool that can cause side effects in a Windows installation.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

hess303
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Can someone please provide step by step instructions on how to download combofix onto a USB drive - copy/paste does not work.

As stated in original posting, I will "follow instructions from here on what to do with combofix on his [infected] PC."

hess303
12-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Found how to change the download location: Using Firefox 8, Tools/Options/General/Save Files To Once there, just browse to the download location you want to change to. And Presto!!!! Will now seek help with combofix from someone here, in a separate thread.