PDA

View Full Version : How to make an MP3-with-album-art DVD to play in DVD player to display on TV?

frank14612
12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
For background, I visited this thread:
http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60114&page=2

Unfortunately, the thread ended with no single good answer to the question of how to make a DVD to play in a DVD player to display photos on TV, and it didn't address my particular need, which is to create a DVD that simply plays music from MP3s while the album art shows on the TV screen.

In my case, the music doesn't even have to be selectable -- just as long it plays continuously with the applicable album art showing. Think of it as background music with pictures.

My own thought (which would not be very easy to do) is to (1) create a PowerPoint slide show of all the album art; (2) attach the corresponding MP3 to each slide; (3) use mediAvatar PPT to Video Converter Personal to convert it to a video; (4) use
WinX DVD Author or mediAvatar Video to DVD Converter to create the DVD.

Can anyone suggest a simpler solution (preferably free)?

Thank you! :)

Frank D

BTW: I'd prefer being able to preview the results and not having to burn DVDs to test it out or prove it will or won't work. A small order, I know! ;)

frank14612
12-30-2011, 12:44 PM
After three days of testing about a dozen programs, I've settled on one of the simplest and most intuitive to use: Microsoft PhotoStory3. It's free and has a minimum of whistles and bells, but is very effective, and just what I wanted. :)

Frank D