PDA

View Full Version : Pc keeps restarting, wat could it b?

weedfan
12-31-2011, 05:21 PM
man my pc is really getting worse! all of the sudden it jus kept restarting. i do hav my little heater on so the temp. has changed in my living room. but then i tried taking out my ram 1 at a time. so i thought 1 of them was bad, not the case. so im guessin 1 of the slots is not working. so i try to get into bios, pressing first f8. it restarts. try delete, it restarts. i thought i had it figured out with the ram, but....

weedfan
12-31-2011, 07:19 PM
can sum 1 tel me if its the motherboard or not. if not ill jus reinstall vista. too many probs

Jiggy
12-31-2011, 08:49 PM
I cant remember if you can do a repair install of Vista, mite be worth a google.

Before you reinstall clean out the dust from within the case and all fans, and check all fans are spining, the fans of the power supply also.

If able check temps in bios.
The little heater is not close to the pc is it ?
What is your pc spec ?

Turn off the pc, then check all hardware is well seated in its slot and check all power cable connections, IDE/sata to motherboard and devices,

If that hasnt help time for a barebones boot, you need attatched to the motherboard - one ram stick, cpu + cooler and graphic card and power, does it boot ? if it boots add your devices back one at a time rebooting inbetween.

weedfan
01-01-2012, 12:49 AM
all i can say is that wenever i put a stick of ram in that second slot, it jus keeps restarting. i did finally get into bios. system temp.:47 , cpu temp.:43. i tried feeling my video card n that square thing next to the cpu(heatsink?), they wer pretty darn hot.

cpu- intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz
vid- sapphire x1550
ram- 6gb ampo pc2-5300
2gb kingston

1 of the ampo ram is not bein used, 2nd slot is empty

Jiggy
01-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Look for bad capacitors http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195

Also you could run memtest86 to test the memory sticks http://www.memtest.org/

What motherboard are you using ?
Its new years day and im not long out of my bed, why the two sets of RAM ? - ram- 6gb ampo pc2-5300, 2gb kingston.

Also you can try your graphic card, RAM in another known working pc, test away from what could be a failing motherboard.

weedfan
01-01-2012, 10:50 AM
mobo- gigabyte p35-s3g

the didnt sell that same ram anymore so thats y i got that other 1.

i might hav 1 bad capacitor(buldged), cant really tell unless u take it out n look at it from the side

boucbaz
01-01-2012, 12:15 PM
I had the same problem and found the PS went crazy. I found out by watching the boot, sometimes when the DVD would start responding, it would reboot. Rebooting could be anything that fools the CPU watch dog.

weedfan
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
man i jus bought this ps. this whole pc is crazy,lol. but i mean its bin pretty normal for now. since i took that 1 stick of ram out