PDA

View Full Version : Does this fit?

DaRealPhilo
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello guys. This is my second computer being built. My first one was alright, but despite what I had thought, it was quickly outdated. Looking back, I learned from those mistakes. I have some money to spare so I am pondering ordering a custom computer. My setup on CyberPower is as follows:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: * (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1333MHz Quad Channel Memory [+35] (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Power Supply Upgrade: 850 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

As previously stated, I feel good with most of this. My primary concerns are the cooling and motherboard. I do not intend on overclocking so I chose to stick with a fan. The motherboard is really the only thing I'm not 100% sure on.
Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

hackerballs
03-20-2012, 01:09 AM
"Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant"

don't need this if you are going with air cooling and not overclocking

good MB for this setup as it has 2 x 16 Pci-e @ 16

RAM could be 1600 instead of 1333

Might want a SSD for your boot drive and leave the 2TB for everything else

I have the same cooler and it works well and I overclock

saphalline
03-25-2012, 09:46 PM
If you are not OC'ing, I would actually suggest dropping down to LGA 1155. From a gaming performance perspective, you could drop down to LGA 1155, leave everything else the same, and still get 80% of the CPU performance, which is not a huge deal when it comes to gaming. The main reason I say this is because LGA 1155 is significantly cheaper than LGA 2011! That would allow you to pump more money into the vid card. Thus your frame rate per dollar spent ratio would improve.

There are advantages to LGA 2011, of course, but when I see just a single GTX 570 in there for a gaming system, well... I have to speak up. A GTX 680, for instance, would absolutely wipe the floor with a GTX 570 while only costing two thirds more street price. If you can save $200 or so by going with LGA 1155 over LGA 2011, then you can spend the same amount of money for much more gaming performance. Would you really notice 20% less CPU power when you have more than twice the GPU power?