PDA

View Full Version : Free antique laptop

fixrupr
12-27-2001, 12:23 PM
Any takers for an old Grid 1530 ?
Is in working condition, but no battery, just 110v adapter.
Mono display (orange/black)
Will run Win3.x max.
Not really useful as a modern tool but rather as an old toy.
Only experimenters/real geeks need apply.
Info on this type laptop available here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RuGRiD-Laptop/

Donít ask me what itís good for. The guys at above site use them for geeky purposes that I donít understand.

Bossa
01-06-2002, 08:26 PM
I also have an antique laptop. Its a Dell 286 with 2Mb of RAM and a 40 Mb hard drive. It was great fun and i learned a rake of stuff about computers with it. Never Raced or Rallied Immaculate cond. Purrs like a kitten. Goes from 0-12.5mhz in 20 seconds.

This thing sells itself.

on second thought, im gonna keep it http://www.PCGuide.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Bill Gates: "If it aint broke, it doesnt have enough features"

steveo
01-08-2002, 02:40 AM
come to think of it I have a dell 320-n laptop here. I need a power supply for it. I don't know if it works or has o/s on it but I'd like to try and fire it up someday. I looked it up on the net once but forgot everything and too lazy to look again...heh.

fixrupr
01-08-2002, 04:52 AM
Well guys,
Maybe we could start a computer olympics, and use 'em in lieu of discus.

Vic 970
01-08-2002, 02:40 PM
Don't have a laptop, but I do have a Snclair ZX81. Mint condition, used once only, with instruction book & book of programs. !

------------------
for every question there's an answer. Then a load more questions.
Definition of Upgrade "A means of introducing new bugs to a program to replace the ones that you have eventually found fixes for"

Regards..,
Vic.

Bossa
01-08-2002, 04:39 PM
My Dell 286 (above) was recently used as a prop in a school play. The lighting designer i was working with wouldnt let them use his Titanium G4, i wonder why, anyway, goes to show they still have their uses.

------------------
Bill Gates: "If it aint broke, it doesnt have enough features"