Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: CD-ROM reinstall

Post CD-ROM reinstall

I had a CD-ROM slaved to a CD-RW in a system running Win95. I removed the CD-RW, deleted all CD-ROM devices and changed the CD-ROM to a master. When I try to use the CD-ROM, I get a "drive not ready" error. I can right click on D:\ and open the tray, but it will not read.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Lightbulb

Welcome to the PC Guide. I would double check my connections. Make sure all pins are not bent. Check and see if the cables go to pin one. Post back if this does not work, also check the jumpers again.

------------------
    One day I will be a pro, Thanks Andy
    One day I will be a pro, Thanks Andy

Hi Pup,
    Have you tried different disks? Could it use a good cleaning?
    When you were moving it around, you may have caused some dust/debris to land on the optic eye.

------------------
    Please go HERE
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried both without success. Might be time for a new drive?

Thread Information