Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: hard drives

Post hard drives

OK maybe I'm being lazy. Tried several searches and thumbed thru about 1000 titels. Could someone please let me know where to find the page on setting up a second HDD (formatting and what not).

I have installed a second HDD for storage only (music files, pics...) and I think I missed a step. After the drive is accessed for a bit, system locks.

Thanks
    Frank

------------------
    They say to eat before you go to the grocery store so you don't buy so much. That doesn't work at the liquor store does it!
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Blog Entries

Partitioning and Formatting Procedure

Quick guide to a win98 Fresh Start

Tech TV Reformatting

How's that?

------------------
    So many idiots, and only six bullets...
    Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Cool

thanks Pete

------------------
    They say to eat before you go to the grocery store so you don't buy so much. That doesn't work at the liquor store does it!
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Blog Entries

No problem...and you could have just zipped over to my site, it's all there...

------------------
    So many idiots, and only six bullets...
    Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Thread Information