Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Broadband Cable Modem Installation Problem

Question Broadband Cable Modem Installation Problem

I am trying to transfer an RCA broadband cable modem from my old pc to my new pc. The service provider is AT&T and they refuse to be of any help. The tech there just said "buy your own new modem" and hung up. They won't make a service call either. The modem works fine in my old pc - even when I take it out and reinstall it. I used AlohaBob's PC Relocator Software to transfer my entire hard drive to the new pc so the drivers for the modem should be there. When I put it in the new pc, I get a black screen and Win won't load. Or if it does load, it loads in safe mode only. I can't get Win to recognize the new hardware and I can't load the drivers so it knows the modem is there. Anyone have this problem before or know of a solution to get Win(* to recognize this modem?

Red face

For starters, you might concider a different service provider. I know if a tech hung up on me I would be right back on the line asking for a manager and then looking for someone who wants my money.

As for the no load problem, if you get to Safe Mode, look in device manager for conflicts.Let us know a little more system info and if you see any conflicts and we can probably help.

------------------
    They say to eat before you go to the grocery store so you don't buy so much. That doesn't work at the liquor store does it!
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Thread Information