Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Diamond Data (Mitsubishi) CD-Rom Service Manual?

Post Diamond Data (Mitsubishi) CD-Rom Service Manual?

I have a bunch of these drives to work on, and the manufacturer is of no help when it comes to obtaining service manuals.. anyone know where I might be able to find one??

try here if you haven't already http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com.a.../faq/cdrom.htm

there is an Acrobat reader D/L users guide.other than that you may have one heck of a time finding one.
    http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com.a.../cdrw-firm.htm
    firmware here for Diamond data

------------------
    Death has come to our windows.

-- Jeremiah 9:21
    (undoubtedly a Biblical reference to a Microsoft product!)

YODA74@carolina.rr.com

[This message has been edited by YODA74 (edited 02-28-2002).]
    Want my weapons molon labe

Angry

Originally posted by YODA74:
    try here if you haven't already http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com.a.../faq/cdrom.htm

there is an Acrobat reader D/L users guide.other than that you may have one heck of a time finding one.
    thanks for the input, sadly that was one of the first places I tried, and when I got an email response from them, what they said was something to this effect... "these drives are inexpensive, and need to be returned to the manufacturer if they are within the warranty period, if it is past the warranty period, you are better off getting a NEW drive as we DON'T stock replacement parts or service manuals."

it's nice that the company takes such pride in thier products.

Thats kind of the feeling that i got from just visiting there site they don't want you to fix it they want you to purchase a new one.Personally I wouldn't by there products if that is the way they want to do buisness,I mean a manual is not going to make or break them, company's act like having a manual for there product is a no no. well anything else we can help you with come on back,Good luck!

------------------
    Death has come to our windows.

-- Jeremiah 9:21
    (undoubtedly a Biblical reference to a Microsoft product!)

YODA74@carolina.rr.com
    Want my weapons molon labe

Thread Information