Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: numeric keys

Post numeric keys

Fujitsu Biblo FMV NU13

I haven't got the manual for this machine, and seems I can't get it. I bought it 2nd hand in Japan and it seems it's only sold there. The manual on the Fujitsu site is only in Japanese and I can't read it.

Everything is fine with the machine except that I don't seem to be able to find how to access the numeric keyboard to get at the Alt+ keys. I've tried all sorts of combinations but no go. I'm not in Japan now so can't ask anyone!

The whole keyboard has Japanese characters on it as well as English ones, plus a couple of special keys for dealing with Japanese input. This isn't a problem.

The 1 is under the j, 2 under the k, etc. Obviously this is what I am looking for, but I just can't get at it.

Pete

Hello Pete,
    Look for a button that has "Fn" on it, probably with a square around the letters. Mine (Compaq) is in the lower left. Then look for a button on the top row (function keys) that has "Num Lk". Hit these two together and that should turn on the ten-key function.

Don't forget to turn it off when your done though or you will never get your passwords to work (been there, done that)

Good luck

------------------
    Waiting patiently for the future to arrive Frank's Place
    My site has moved, please update your link
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Land of 10,000 Lakes and Minnesota nice!!

Hello Pete,

Don't know if I officially welcomed you to the forum....so,

Welcome to Forums!

Here's my thought, since you can get the manual on line. You might want to try a Japanese to English translator. Seems you can copy and paste a web page into it!

------------------
    May all your dealings in life be win/win!

Whyzman

[This message has been edited by Whyzman (edited 02-07-2002).]
    Lighten up! --- A merry heart does good like a medicine. (Proverbs 17:22)

Hi Bassman and Whyzman,

Nice to be here, thanks for the welcome.

I've done the Fn + num lock thing. No joy I'm afraid.

I've got as far as the right Alt key only working and it does get a few Alt+keys, though not many, and only ones with one number (e.g. Alt+5 or something).

I've been in contact with Fujitsu who although they have replied (rare thing this) haven't offered any help as they say I should be in Japan to get assistance and have Japanese Windows installed.

I've got my own personal translator, though I have to say she's no help and it's not her fault. Everything she reads about computers she just can't understand - I'm pretty much the same as well!!

I think I'll go through the whole process of reinstalling the default keyboard, but this means re-installing Win98, but I might try it.

Pete

Thread Information