Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: System proble

Red face System proble

After the computer was properly shut down and turned on, the computer went to read the hard disk and show the computer company logo,but nothing else happen. The cursur keep blinking showing the letter of the driver A:\ but does not go any where, I tried to change the directory to C:\ but it gave me a error message. The CD Drive does not work only the A:\ drive. anyone has any idea of what happpen and How can I fix this problem?

------------------
    Armando

Go into your setup (CMOS) and check to see if your settings are correct it sounds to me like your setup needs configuring. If that is not the problem you have probably had a head crash. If you rebooted before you hard disk stopped spinning you could have damaged your hard drive. I used to be bad about that myself. When you power down your hard drive you need to wait at least a minute before rebooting. If you don't you tork your platters on your hard drive which leads to deterioration of your hard drive. As far as the cdrom you might not be loading a driver for DOS.

------------------
    Stay alert, stay alive!
    Stay alert, stay alive!

Thread Information