Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: clock and gamepad

Post clock and gamepad

Hi
    Everytime i turn off my computer the clock stops working.I have to reset the time on the clock the next time i turn the computer on.Also,my Gravis Gamepad joystick has to be disconnected and reconnected for it to work.This problem started about one year ago.

The clock problem sounds like a dead cmos battery (looks like a big watch battery on the motherboard) Don't think that has anything to do with the gamepad though...
    When all else fails, read the instructions.

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Drivers

Google

No doubt about it......DEAD Cmos BATTERY story(carefully pry it out- I use a small knife to do it and get a new one at Radio Shack for about $3.00). With the joy stick, you might try this: Go into My Computer/Control Panel/System/Device Manager and scroll down to "Sound,Video & Game Controllers".........double click...... reinstall the specific drivers that came with your joystick or remove the joystick and let Win find it again...you might have corrupted drivers which is why it has been acting up.

------------------
    "As hard as a rock & dumb as a brick"...Windows CEMeNT
    XP didn't save Me !

Thread Information