Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: ActiveX

Question ActiveX

When I get an email from Weather Dirct in html it says. Your current security prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly. I use Outlook Express 6. How do I fix this? Thanks Fluff

If I remember, OE6 uses the restricted zone (IE security zones under internet options) by default, this is not necessarily a bad thing, tends to help prevent some malware (virus, worms, et al), from running...I don't think it would be a good idea to change that setting for all your email in general...

Does the page actually display? and is ther anything wrong with it?

Also I would contact the sender about the possibilty of updating or signing their activeX controls...(because in the restricted zone unsigned activeX is not allowed to run...), or to switch over to a plain-text format....

------------------
    mjc
    Links list:Computer Links

Celts are the men that heaven made mad, For all their battles are merry and their songs are all sad.
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Smile

Ok thanks I think I will just ask them to send it to me in text. Thanks for the info..
    Fluff

Thread Information