Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: win 98 start button graphics get jumbled.....

Question win 98 start button graphics get jumbled.....

I am not sure if this is the right board so please move if needed.

I am running windows 98SE on new system. After the system has been on for a while the start button becomes jumbled, everything else on the desk top and in the start menu looks fine, and the computer seems to run ok most of the time. Its not really a big deal as far as the button goes, but my system does crash once in a while and was wondering if this could have anything to do with it?

Blog Entries

Try installing Tweak UI and using the Repair Icons option. It's on the win 98 CD ROM, can't remember which folder, browse through it in Windows Explorer.

Running scanreg might help too,
    scanreg /fix would be the command line.

------------------
    If you had everything...Where would you put it?

Computer Information Links
    Why do I drive way out here to see the wildlife when all the animals live in town?

Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email. Otherwise I may sic my armed bear on you!

My Photography

Thumbs up

I just put tweakUI on a few days ago..and didnt even think about running the repair icons...duh. Just so you know, tweakUI isnt on the win98 SE cd. I had to download it from microsoft. For some reason they decided not to put it on the Second Edition version.

Thanks for the help Pete

Try winboost 98 or 2000 it will let you customize your start button.

The program Deep throat will allow someone to come into your computer and mess with stuff like that. You might want to double check for a trojan on your PC.

If you want full control of your icons download Michroangelo. It let you build your own icons and it even does animated icons. You get full control of every icon on your system.

------------------
    Stay alert, stay alive!

[This message has been edited by rUzz (edited 11-25-2000).]
    Stay alert, stay alive!

Thread Information