Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Kernal DLL32 Error //FROM WHAT? IS THERE A FIX

Post Kernal DLL32 Error //FROM WHAT? IS THERE A FIX

Hi! Hopefully, someone can help me...I wonder what the Kernal DLL32 comes from? Is it fixable WITHOUT REBOOTING??????? Does it ever SELF correct?

Also would like to know in windows 98 se., is it ok to delete ALL of the TEMPORARY FILES MANUALLY????? ////I know apparently that it is ok to clear & delete cache in TEMPORARY "INTERNET" FILES but I wonder about the Regular Temp files ?????

Its fine to respond to me direct @ djm1956@ccomm.com

Happy New Years!

Dave

I did not have an answer for your question, but I did find a very good link: What is Kernel32.dll?. Click the errors link to see a list of troubleshooting steps.

------------------
    reido@my-deja.com

Hey Dave on the Temp folder issue: It is wise to clean it out regularly as windows deposits leftovers there from apps and documents. There are a couple of ways to do it. One, in Accessories folder under system tools there is a disk cleanup option that will do it for you. Or you could do it manually from DOS. It is important to remember not to do it from while windows is running as you may delete one of the working files. www.thescreensavers.com have covered this issue a couple of times. The option under disk cleanup accounts for the current files so it is safe to use that option.

------------------
    Jerry

Lightbulb

Hey Dave after lingering for a while I caught a post that Reid just made to the forum on another topic and he provided this link http://www.windowstrouble.com/temp.shtml
    I think it answers your temp question better and it also indicates that the accessorie/system tools/disk cleanup is not that efficient after all. So you can thank Reid for the extra info

------------------
    Jerry

Thread Information