Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: DLL files

Thumbs up DLL files

What are DLL files? I know it's associated with drivers.
    I recently reformatted my hard drive, due to another problem. I've now re-intalled most of the programs, but cannot open an application. I keep getting a "requires DLL32 files" warning. Is there someplace I can go to download these?

------------------
    chris

DLLs are little pieces of standardized code that can be shared among many different programs not just drivers. This allows programmers to use certain functions without having to rewrite all the code for that function in every program.

The error message your getting should give a little more information like: "xxx.dll is missing" or "xxx.dll cannot be found..." copy down which ones are missing. Some of them can be found on the 'Net others only in software packages that they came with.

A good place to check for some of them is: DLLArchive

Especially if what you are missing is a 'vbrunx.dll' where the x is 4, 5, or 6

Also try Windows Update because some of them are included in the security fixes or other updates.

------------------
    mjc

[This message has been edited by mjc (edited 01-24-2001).]
    AV, Anti-Trojan List;Browser and Email client List;Popup Killer List;Portable Apps
    “When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine
    Remember: Amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titantic."

Thread Information