Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Invalid page Fault in MSJET35.DLL

Post Invalid page Fault in MSJET35.DLL

I am receiving the following message after I type into fields using a MS ACCESS order entry program:

"MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSJET35.DLL at 0187:040cb03."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 97.
    I have reimported MSJET35.DLL inot the Windows/System directory.

The problem persists. What does this error message mean and how can I eliminate it WITHOUT erasing the entire hard drive and reinstalling WIN 98.

I use WIN 98 OS, 128 mb SDRAM, and have not seen this problem in 15 months of using the MS Access program till now.

Thank you.

Check out this link

Q163943

Hope this helps

------------------
    "It's just a whisper in my Ghost"

[This message has been edited by Ghost_Hacker (edited 02-12-2001).]
    Ferengi Rules of Acquistion:
    Rule # 47
    Don't trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.

There are a number of newsgroups dealing specifically with MS Access hosted by Microsoft (e.g., msnews.public.access.setupconfig). I spent a year doing Access application development and got tremendous help there. I highly recommend you tune into those groups if you're doing any amount of work with Access. Of course I've since forgotten everything I learned and therefore can't help with your problem

------------------
    sleddog
    [sleddog.f2s.com]

Thanks for leading me right to a solution...now all I have to do is become fluent in the directions provided there and am disappointed that the service pack patches did not rid the problem. MS advises buying OFFICE 2000 as a solution. Wow! Sort of like the doctor telling me another operation is to cut off my foot to cure the gangrene! How can I access that MS database directly? Is it a fee for database service?
    Thanks again--

Originally posted by Ghost_Hacker:
    Check out this link

Q163943

Hope this helps

No, It's free. Here's a link to the Microsoft Knowledge Base search page.

Knowledge base

The best way to search for an anwser is to input your error message.

The newsgroups Sleddog mentioned are full of some very knowledgable folks.
    I remember this one guy from Southwest Bell that was a MASTER with the register. So you can learn a lot there.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ghost_Hacker (edited 02-13-2001).]
    Rule # 47

I attempted to write the code that the fix suggested but I do not know what to do when the fix says" assumes you have an attachment to the Sales Table in the PUBS sample database (dont have this sample database) within MS SQL Server...". So, Im stuck. Have you heard if MS Office 2000 is table and reliable? Ive heard it isnt and see buying Office 2000 as the only hope to correct this problem. The SR-1 and SR-1b didnt fix the problem either. Thank you.

Originally posted by Inquiring:
    Thanks for leading me right to a solution...now all I have to do is become fluent in the directions provided there and am disappointed that the service pack patches did not rid the problem. MS advises buying OFFICE 2000 as a solution. Wow! Sort of like the doctor telling me another operation is to cut off my foot to cure the gangrene! How can I access that MS database directly? Is it a fee for database service?
    Thanks again--

You would need to subsitute your SQL database for the "pubs" one used in the example. Also the field names your trying to update would be different than those of the example. I'm assuming that your using a SQL table as part of the access project. This problem only applies when your using access to update tables in a SQL database. The "pubs" and "northwind" databases are sample databases installed during Microsoft SQL server setup.

I use Office 2000 and have had no problems with it. However, I don't use Access 2000 so I can't give you any first hand knowledge.

Hope this helps

------------------
    Rule # 47

Greets --

There may be a problem with the specific Access file (*.mdb) rather than with Access itself. Access is a really a programming environment for creating (not just running) database applications.

There should be sample databases that come with Access that should work properly.

The Knowledge Base article talks about SQL Server. Are you accessing an SQL Server? SQL Server is a completely different product from MS Access -- and typically runs on it's own NT (or W2K) server.

Grins --

--
    Moderator: Can I get my user description changed to "Heckler?"
    waiting for windoz to install

Thread Information