Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Location of email messages

Post Location of email messages

A friend, using Microsoft Mail, has downloaded an email that seems to have siezed up her mail program. Whenever she tries to open MMail now, she gets the "illegal operation" message and has to shut it down. The offending email took a lot of attempts to retrieve, and once it arrived the problem started. Is there a way to find the individual message, say using Windows Explorer, and delete it? Just where does M'soft Mail store the messages it downloads? I use Outlook Express myself and I'm wondering where it keeps the messages too. Browsing with Explorer it's not obvious at all.

I would use an up to date virus scanner first!!

As far as I know they are compressed folders that you cannot open externally, that is why you should save any attachments that you want to keep seperately as when you delete the email that goes to.

But I do not know the name of the file.

support questions for MM can be asked here

I personally know nothing about it... but above is where you/ your friend can ask specific questions such as these.

------------------
    sea1_69@hotmail.com

homepage

~

Thread Information