Custom Search
Join the PC homebuilding revolution! Read the all-new, FREE 200-page online guide: How to Build Your Own PC!
NOTE: Using robot software to mass-download the site degrades the server and is prohibited. See here for more.
Find The PC Guide helpful? Please consider a donation to The PC Guide Tip Jar. Visa/MC/Paypal accepted.

Thread: Is Shortcut in Desktop for MS Outlook Notes Possible?

Post Is Shortcut in Desktop for MS Outlook Notes Possible?

I wonder if it is possible to place a shortcut of MS Outlook Note(not a shortcut for a new note but for the Notes in MS Outlook) in the desktop so that I don't have to open the Outlook Program everytime I want to access Notes. Another solution is freeware, but if this is possible, I would prefer this rather than clog my PC with third party wares.

Hey Jonathan, I like your thinking No unnecessary progs if you can do it with what you have.

I don't use Outlook, so I am not familiar with the file structure to get to your "Notes" folder or file. I would think it is within the Outlook folder in programs: C:>Programs>Outlook>Notes??
    If you can locate the file you want there, R-click and select "Send to>Desktop as shortcut.

Hope that helps

------------------
    A real Christian is one who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
    Frank's Place
    If all we ever give is equal to that of which we get, how do we ever progress beyond that of which we are?
    Uncle Crustys

Here is the answer. Open Outlook. Click on NOTES.

Notes is a built-in function of Outlook. You can't open Notes without opening Outlook. Just like you can't open Inbox without opening Outlook. Your notes are kept in your "personal folders" (outlook.ost is the default file outlook uses)which also contains your emails. Unless you are connected to an Exchange server where your data (inbox and notes) is usually kept on the server.

Sorry

We'll I want to share an answer from another forum. It's here

Thread Information